Ephesus Tour

(0)
from/per person £ 30.00
  • Historical
  • Groups allowed
  • Tour guides

Celsus Library

Celsus Library

Roman toilets

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

House of Virgin Mary

Open Buffet Breakfast

Open Buffet Lunch


Description


 

 

 

Church of the Virgin Mary

The house was discovered in the 19th century by following the descriptions in the reported visions of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich (1774-1824), a Roman Catholic nun and visionary, which were published as a book by Clemens Brentano after her death. The Catholic Church has never pronounced in favour or against the authenticity of the house, but neverthless maintains a steady flow of pilgrimage since its discovery Anne Catherine Emmerich was Beatified by Pope John Paul II on October 3, 2004

Catholic pilgrims visit the house based on the belief that Mary, the mother of Jesus, was taken to this stone house by Saint John and lived there until her Assumption (according to Catholic doctrine) or Dormition (accouring to Orthodox belief).

The shrine has merited several papal Apostolic Blessings and visits from several popes, the earliest pilgrimage coming from Pope Leo XIII in 1896, and the most recent in 2006 by Pope Benedict XVI.

 

Library of Celsus

In a small square lying below street-level is the imposing two-story facade of the Library of Celsus, with its rather crowded columns and prominent cornices, which were re-erected in the 1970s by Austrian archaeologists. The library itself was originally three stories high and entirely faced with colored marble. Along the rear wall was a series of rectangular niches for holding parchment books and scrolls. Below the central niche is a grave-chamber with the Sarcophagus of Titus Julius Celsus Polemaeanus, Governor of the province of Asia, in whose honor his son built the library in the early 2nd century AD.

 

Great Theatre

Construction of the Great Theatre of Ephesus began in the reign of Claudius (AD 41-54) and was completed in the reign of Trajan (AD 98-117). It is particularly impressive, both for its great size and for the excellent state of preservation of the orchestra and the stage buildings. It was here that St. Paul preached against the cult of Artemis and inveighed against the guild of silversmiths responsible for its shrines.

The theater’s three by 22 tiers of seating, divided into sections by 12 stairways, could accommodate an audience of some 25,000. If you climb to the top, there is a fine view extending down to the Old Harbor.

 

Upper Agora and Prytaneion

To the east of the Temple of Domitian in Ephesus extends the Upper Agora, with a Temple of Isis and a hydreion (water tower), which collected spring water flowing down from the hill. On the north side of the Upper Agora is the site of the Prytaneion (council chamber), where figures of Artemis (now in Selçuk’s Archaeological Museum) were found during excavation.

 

Magnesian Gate

From the Upper Agora, the old main street of Ephesus continues to the eastern entrance of the excavation site, ending outside the enclosure at the three-arched Magnesian Gate, the starting-point of the road to Magnesia on the Maeander River. At the bend in the road is the base of a circular Roman structure, wrongly called the Tomb of St. Luke, which was converted into a church in Byzantine times by the addition of an apse and a porch.

 

Odeon

East of the Prytaneion is the semicircular structure of the Odeon, built by Publius Vedius Antonius in the 2nd century AD. The lower tiers of marble benches are original; the rest are reconstructions. The auditorium of this little theater or concert hall had seating for an audience of 1,400. Since there is no provision for the drainage of rainwater, it is assumed that the Odeon was roofed, probably by a wooden structure spanning the 25-meter width of the auditorium.

 

Serapeion

On the south side of the colonnaded street, steps lead up to a colonnaded square. Here, you’ll find the colossal Serapeion, the temple of the Egyptian god Serapis. Along the 29 meter-long facade of the temple were monolithic columns, 15 meters high, with Corinthian capitals. The cella was entered through a massive doorway, with doors moving on wheels. In Byzantine times, the Serapeion was converted into a Christian basilica.

 

Lower Agora

Southwest of the Great Theatre is the Lower Agora, a spacious square, 116 meters each way, from which a colonnaded street leads west. The agora (market square) has been only partly excavated and was a 3rd-century rebuilding of an earlier structure. The use of stone from earlier buildings gives an interesting variety of detail. It was surrounded by a double colonnade housing shops and offices, with a set-back upper story on the east side.

 

Arkadiane

To the west of the baths lay the Old Harbor, now an area of marshy ground. Immediately south of this group of buildings is the Arkadiane, a fine arcaded street running east from the harbor to the Great Theatre, which stood facing a long square. The effect of this magnificent avenue, built by Arcadius (the first Eastern Emperor) around AD 400, was further enhanced by an elaborate gate at either end.

 

Our tour guides wil help you to learn more on anything that might be interesting to you.

It will be a hard day for our guests with walking difficulties. Keep some snacks with you as its is a long day.

 

 

Included in the price:

  • Transfer from the hotel and back

  • Open Buffet Breakfast (Typical Turkish breakfast with (boiled eggs, cheese, tomatoes, different kinds of olives, butter, honey, different kinds of jams and fresh Turkish bread)

  • Open Buffet Lunch (10 different kinds of cold starter plus a large range variety of main course options where you can find also some vegetarian food.)

  • Full Insurance

  • English speaker crew

 

 

Excluded Price:

  • Optional Entrance Fees like Archaeological Museum and House of Virgin Mary.

  • Drinks

 

 

You must bring;

  • Sun Cream

  • Money  for personal expenditures

  • Hat

  • Camera



Schedule

Journey to Ephesus takes 2.5 - 3 hours, but you will go by breaks. While our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicles on highways, you can sleep or enjoy the  journey along with the scenic beauty of countryside Turkey.

 

Pick up from hotels at 6:45

Breakfast in Muğla

Arrival at Selçuk/Izmir

Ephesus Ancient City tour with Guide

Lunch at the restaurant

Return to Marmaris

Drop Back to hotels at 19:30


Эфес

(0)
from/per person £ 30.00
  • Исторические
  • Pусскиe Гиды
  • Группы - семьи

Celsus Library

Celsus Library

Roman toilets

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

House of Virgin Mary

Open Buffet Breakfast

Open Buffet Lunch


Description


Одной из самых впечатляющих исторических экскурсий, которую можно посетить из Мармариса, является экскурсия в древний город Эфес – город , вошедший в мировую историю и который многие века не сходил со страниц античной истории.

 

Третий по значению после Афин и Рима, город Эфес – блистательная столица восточной Римской империи, крупнейший финансовый и торговый центр Малой Азии. Эфес был основан греками в 11 веке до нашей эры и из всех древних поселений, сохранился лучше всего. Благодаря археологическим раскопкам, которые ведутся с 1869 г., миру предстали беломраморные проспекты, храмы, библиотека, огромный амфитеатр.

 

В Эфесе, как нигде в другом месте, сохранилась основная структура города , что позволяет составить представление об устройстве античного поселения. У вас будет возможность пройти по древним улицам и ощутить, что вы будто на машине времени перенеслись на столетия назад, вы сможете увидеть библиотеку Цельсиуса, дома богатых горожан, фонтан императора Адриана, римские бани, акведук и даже такие заведения как туалет и дом любви. Так же вы сможете побывать в амфитеатре, рассчитанном на 24 000 мест. Это один из самых больших амфитеатров, который сохранился до наших дней. Акустика в нём настолько фантастическая, что если подбросить монетку внизу, то её звон будет слышен на самом верху.

 

В Эфесе вы так же, сможете увидеть руины храма Артемиды. Покровительницей Эфеса считалась богиня охоты и плодородия Артемида, в честь которой был построен один из самых величественных храмов античности, известный как одно из Семи чудес света. Говорили, что созданное из мрамора святилище блестело подобно солнцу и касалось крышей облаков. По легенде, храм был подожжен Геростратом, решившим таким варварским образом войти в историю. Сегодня, путешествующие по Турции туристы могут увидеть лишь основание великого храма. Однако другие здания древнего Эфеса сохранились гораздо лучше, и прогулка по этому городу может дать полное представление о том, как жили люди тысячелетия назад.

 

В пяти километрах от города Эфес находится место, священное для всего христианского мира: дом, ставший последним пристанищем Девы Марии. После распятия Христа,Святая Богоматерь вынуждена была покинуть свой родной кров и поселиться в Эфесе, где она и провела последние годы своей жизни. В 5 км к югу от Эфеса, на горе Алладаг находится дом-церковь, где жила и скончалась Дева Мария и это место в Ватикане объявлено “святым”. Папа Римский трижды посещал его и обещал отпущение грехов всем, кто посещает этот дом. Каждый год, 15 августа, в этом месте устраиваются массовые моления, сюда приезжают читать проповеди священнослужители из многих стран мира.

 

Экскурсия будет утомительна для людей с ограничеными физическими возможностями.

 

 

Что включено:

  • Трансфер из отеля и обратно в отель.

  • Русскоговорящий гид

  • Завтрак (шведский стол)

  • Обед (шведский стол)

  • Полная cтраховка

 

Что не включенo:

  • Личные траты

  • Напитки

  • Археологический музей (по желанию)

 

Взять с собой:

  • Удобная одежда и обувь для пеших прогулок

  • Солнцезащитные очки, крем

  • Питьевую воду

  • Деньги на личные траты

  • камера и фотоаппарат



Schedule

Выезд из отеля 6.30

Завтрак в провинции Мугла

Остановка в городке Сельчук

Прибытие в Эфес

Экскурсия по античному городу

Обед

Дом Девы Марии (по желанию)

Археологический музей (по желанию)

Возвращение в Мармарис 19.00


Efes Antik Kenti

(0)
from/per person £ 32.00
  • Historical
  • Groups allowed
  • Tour guides

Celsus Library

Celsus Library

Roman toilets

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

Great Amphi Theatre (25.000 people capacity)

House of Virgin Mary

Open Buffet Breakfast

Open Buffet Lunch


Description


 

1869’dan itibaren kazılar, güçlü bir antik kent olan Efes’i ortaya çıkarmıştır. 2015 yılında Efes antik kenti UNESCO Dünya Mirası Listesi‘ne eklendi.

 

 

Meryem Ana Kilisesi

Ev, 19. yüzyılda, bir Katolik rahibe ve vizyon sahibi olan Kutsal Anne Catherine Emmerich’in (1774-1824), ölümünden sonra Clemens Brentano tarafından bir kitap olarak basılan eserde açıklamaları izleyerek keşfedildi burası keşfedilmiştir. Katolik Kilisesi hiçbir zaman Meryem Ana Kilisesinin lehine veya aleyhinde açıklamada bulunmamıştır, ancak keşfi Anne Catherine Emmerich’in 3 Ekim 2004 tarihinde Papa II duyurmuştur.

 

Katolik hacılar, İsa’nın annesi Meryem’in bu taş evine Saint John tarafından götürüldüğü ve Varsayıma göre (Katolik doktrinine göre) veya Yurtta (Ortodoks inancına göre) yaşadığı inancına dayanarak kiliseyi ziyaret eder.

 

Tapınak, birkaç papa tarafından ziyaret edilmiştir 1896’da Papa Leo XIII’den gelen ilk hac,  2006’da Papa Benedict XVI son hac.

 

Celsus Kütüphanesi

Yapı Konsül Gaius Julius Aquila tarafından babası Asya Genel Valisi Celcus Polamaeanus adına M.S. 117 yılında bir anıt mezar olarak yaptırılmıştır. Hem kütüphane, hem de mezar anıtı görevini üstlenmiştir. Kitap ruloları, yapı içerisinde, duvarlardaki nişlerde saklanıyordu. Cephesi 1970-1980 yılları arasında restore edilmiştir. Binanın ön cephesinde Celcus’un akıl, erdem, anlayış ve bilim özelliklerini sergileyen 4 kadın heykeli kopyaları bulunmaktadır.

 

Büyük Tiyatro

Panayır Dağının güney eteklerinde yer alan tiyatro ilk olarak Helenistik Devirde inşa edilmiştir. Bu gün görülen kalıntılar M.S. 1. ve 2. yy aittir. 24.000 kişilik kapasiteyle antik dünyanın en büyük tiyatrosudur. Çok süslü ve 18 m. yüksekliğindeki üç katlı sahne binası tamamen yıkılmıştır. Oturma basamakları üç bölümlüdür.Tiyatronun üçe bölünmüş oturma alanı, 12 merdivenle bölümlere ayrılmıştır ve yaklaşık 25.000 kişilik bir kitleye ev sahipliği yapabilir. Zirveye tırmanırsanız, Eski Limana doğru uzanan güzel bir manzara vardır.

 

Yukarı Agora ve Prytaneion (Bazilika)

İlk olarak Hellenistik Dönemde inşa edilmiş, Roma Döneminde İmparator Agustus zamanında tamamlanmıştır. Agora ticaretin devlet kontrolünde organize edildiği, resmi toplantıların ve borsa işlemlerinin yapıldığı yerdir. Ayrıca Agora içerisinde Efes’in ticaret borsası işlevini gören bir bazilika da bulunmaktaydı. Agoranın ortasında dikdörtgen bir tapınak vardı.

 

Magnezya Kapısı

Efesin çevresindeki sur duvarlarının doğu kapısıdır. Panayır Dağı ayrı zamanlarda yapıldığı düşünülen iki kısımdan meydana gelen Lysimakhos surları ile tahkim edilmişti. Panayır Dağı ile Bülbül Dağı arasındaki hafif meyilli arazide, kazılarla açığa çıkarılmış tek kent kapısı olan Magnesia Kapısı bulunmaktadır. Damianus tarafından yeniden yaptırılan Artemision yolu ve Menderes Magnesias’na ve Kaystros vadisine giden yollar buradan başlıyordu.

 

Odeon

M.S. 2.yy’da Publius Vedius Antoninus ve karısı Flavia Papina tarafından yaptırılmıştır. Zamanında üzeri ahşap bir çatı ile kapalı olan yapıda Kent Meclisi toplantıları yapılmış ve konserler verilmiştir. 1.400 kişilik kapasiteye sahiptir. Scaenae frons iki katlı sütunlarla oluşturulmuş ve dışa taşan aedikulalar içinde heykellerle bezeliydi.

 

Artemis Tapınağı

Antik dünyanın mermerden inşa edilmiş ilk tapınağıdır. Büyüklüğü, 105 x 50 m. ve ön cephesi diğer Artemis (Ana Tanrıça) tapınakları gibi batıya dönüktür. Anadolu’da çok eski bir inanç biçiminin Ege Arkaik dönemindeki yansıması ve devamı olan Efes’li Aremis’in Tapınağı Antik çağın yedi harikasından biri olarak kabul edilmektedir. İngiliz demiryolu mühendisi J.T.Wood tarafından yedi yıl arandıktan sonra 1869 yılında bulunmuş ve kazılara başlanılmıştır. 1904 – 1905 yıllarında yine British Museum adına D.G.Hogarth, 1965 yılından sonra da Avusturya Arkeoloji Enstitüsü tarafından kazıları yapılmıştır. Altında Myken dönemine kadar inen bazı anıtlar bulunan Artemis Tapınağı ilk kez M.Ö.6.yüzyılın ortalarında Kral Kroisos’un yardımıyla inşa edildi. Antik kaynaklardaki efsaneye göre adını ölümsüzleştirmek isteyen Herostratos adına biri tarafından M.Ö.356 yılında Büyük İskender’in doğduğu gece yakıldı. Mimar Paionios Demetrios ve Kheirokrates tarafından yeniden planlanıp yapılan Tapınak M.S. 263 yılında Goth’lar tarafından yağma edildi. 400 yılından sonra kült sona erdi. Tapınağa ait mimari elemanlar St.Jean Bazilikası gibi bazı yapıların inşasında kullanıldı.

 

Mermerli Caddde

Kütüphane meydanından tiyatroya kadar uzanan caddedir. Çeşitli devirlerde onarım görmüştür. Arabaların kullandığı caddede yayalar için yolun yanında yüksekçe bir platform yapılmıştır. Caddenin altında şehrin atık suyunu taşıyan gelişmiş bir kanalizasyon sistemi bulunmaktadır. Caddenin ortalarına doğru döşeme taşı üzerinde bulunan kazıma tekniğinde yapılmış bir kadın, sol ayak ve kalp figürlerinin bulunması ilgi çekicidir.

 

Herakles Kapısı

M.S. 4.yy sonlarında zafer takı olarak yaptırılan bu kapı Kuretler Caddesi’ni yaya yolu haline getirmiştir. Ön cephesinde bulunan Kuvvet Tanrısı Herakles (Herkül) kabartmaları dolayısıyla bu ismi almıştır. Kabartmalar İ.S. 2. yy’a tarihlenmekte olup başka bir yapıdan getirilmiş olmalıdır.

 

Arkadiane

Geç Helenistik devirde yapılmış, İmparator Arkadius (395-408) zamanında onarılmıştır. 528 m. uzunluğunda, 11 m. genişliğindedir. Bir tür tören caddesi olarak da kullanılan caddenin iki yanında galeriler ve dükkânlar bulunmaktaydı. Efes kentinin limana bağlantısını sağlıyordu. Geceleri aydınlatılan cadde üzerine kentin Hıristiyanlık Döneminde anıtlar yapılmıştır.

 

Tur rehberlerimiz, ilginizi çeken her şey hakkında daha fazla bilgi edinmenize yardımcı olacaktır.

Yürüyüş güçlüğü çeken misafirlerimiz için zor bir gün olacaktır. Uzun bir gün olduğu için yanınızda aperatifler bulundurun.

 

Fiyata dahil olanlar:

  • Otelden ve geri dönüş transferi

  • Açık Büfe Kahvaltı (Haşlanmış yumurta, peynir, domates, zeytin çeşitleri, tereyağı, bal, farklı reçeller ve taze ekmek)

  • Açık Büfe Öğle Yemeği (10 çeşit soğuk başlangıç, çok çeşitli ana yemek seçenekleri ve vejetaryen yiyecekler bulabileceğiniz büfe.)

  • Sigorta

  • Tur rehberi

 

Fiyata dahil olmayanlar:

  • İsteğe bağlı Arkeoloji Müzesi ve Meryem Ana Evine giriş ücreti.

  • İçecekler

 

Yanınıza alacaklarınız;

  • Güneş kremi

  • Kişisel harcamalar için para

  • Şapka

  • Kamera



Schedule

Efes yolculuğu 2,5 - 3 saat sürüyor fakat molalarla rahat bir yolculuk olacaktır. Klimalı araçlarımızla Türkiye'nin kırsal kesiminin güzelliği ile birlikte seyahat edebilirsiniz

Otelden alış 6:30

Muğla'da kahvaltı

Selçuk / İzmir'e varış

Rehberli Efes Antik Kenti turu

Restoranda öğle yemeği

Marmaris'e dönüş

Otele Dönüş 19:00


WhatsApp WhatsApp us